Thursday, August 28, 2008
A list of supported devices is posted on Adobe's website and most of them are non-touch screen devices, with only the Treo 750w representing the touch screen devices. But there is a note on the page that reads: "Treo's Touch feature not supported". Non-touch screens rule.
- View, edit and create Word 2007/2008 files
- View, edit and create Excel 2007/2008 files
- View, edit and create PowerPoint 2007/2008 files
- Supports embedded graphics and fonts for desktop-like viewing
- Supports password-protected PDFs
- Supports 40-bit and 128-bit encrypted PDFs
Click here to learn more and download a trial copy.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
A big thanks to the Smartphone & Pocket PC Magazine team.
Read Hal's blog post about the Final Issue of Smartphone & Pocket PC magazine:
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Key HTC S740 Product Specifications
• Size: 116.3 x 43.4 x 16.3 mm
• Weight: 140g with battery
• Networks: WCDMA/HSDPA: 900/2100 MHz for EU and Asia
• GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
• Maximum speed: UL = 384 kbps; DL = 3.6/7.2 Mbps**
• Camera: 3.2MP, with the second VGA camera for video calling
• Operating system: Windows Mobile® 6.1 Standard
• Display: 2.4-inch QVGA screen
• Camera: 3.2 megapixel with fixed focus
• Internal memory: 256 MB flash; 256 MB RAM
• Memory card: microSD™
• WLAN: 802.11b/g
• Bluetooth®: 2.0 with EDR
• GPS: GPS/AGPS
• Interface: HTC ExtUSB™ (mini-USB and audio jack in one; USB 2.0 High-Speed)
• Battery: 1000 mAh
• Talk time: WCDMA: Up to 320 minutes*** / GSM: Up to 380 minutes***
• Standby time: WCDMA: Up to 400 hours*** / GSM: Up to 280 hours***
• Special features: Sliding QWERTY keyboard, FM radio, Google Maps, RSS Hub
• Chipset: Qualcomm® MSM7225, 528 MHz
Read the press release.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Details from Palm here. Unboxing pictures and details from Engadget Mobile here.
View a video from Palm about the device here.
The release date has not yet been unannounced, but the carriers have:
Europe: Vodafone and O2
USA: unlocked version will be made available for GSM networks
Latin American and Asian carriers to be announced in the future.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Papyrus 2 brings many exciting new features, including: Search View for PIM item searching; Advanced filters management; Automatic attendees notifications, Popup selection effect for optimized display and much more! Papyrus 2 back-end engine was re-designing from the beginning and delivers the fastest experience for the pro user!
SBSH Papyrus 2 Highlights
All New Search View - Introducing extremely effective search functionality for your PIM items! Use the new Search View from any chosen view to easily browse through your different items!
Mobile Innovation - Automatically email notifications and appointment invitations to attendees; New Pop-out Effect on all views for better data display, Active timeline display, New professionally designed built-in category icon store with PNG format support and much more!
Redesigned Interface - Featuring the next generation of user-interface with automatic adoption to your Windows Mobile look and feel and easy to navigate dialogs! Additionally, Papyrus 2 includes especially designed features to take advantage of any screen orientation Smartphone!
Click here to find out more information about the new features and improvements available with the all new Papyrus 2 release!
Visit Jason's blog at http://blogs.msdn.com/jasonlan/
Monday, August 18, 2008
The features of Snap2Face are:
- Sleek, graphic-rich user interface
- Set your status while on-the-go
- View friends' status and detailed information
- View friends' friends and send friendship requests
- Get notified of events like wall post, message,
poke, and friend request
- View your pokes, wall, inbox, and friend requests,
all in full text
- Poke friends, send message to friends, and post
on friends' wall
- Access you and your friends' photo albums
- Ability to view, zoom in/out, and pan full-sized
photos, and play slideshow
- Upload photos from built-in camera or file folder
- Import friends' profile photos to Outlook Contacts
(photo Call ID)
- and more...
Check out this link for instructions to download, setup and configure Snap2Face.
Explore the seven wonders of the world Learn more!
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Tiny Twitter can be downloaded free from www.tinytwitter.com.
On the heels of Palm's cancelled Foleo mobile companion comes the Celio Redfly, finally available now. This wonderful device allows you to use your compatible Windows Mobile device on a much larger scale. The Redfly is essentially a dumb terminal that simply provides a much larger interface for your device with an almost-full size keyboard, a touchpad, and an 8-inch screen at 800x480. It also has two USB ports, a VGA out port, and Bluetooth. Connect to your phone via USB or Bluetooth, and you are ready to enjoy WinMo on the big screen. :) Use that VGA out port to connect to an external monitor or a projector. If connected via USB, your phone will charge off of the Redfly's battery. Use the second USB port to connect a standard mouse for even more functionality.
For more information, check out the Info page and this full review and then you can buy your own at the newly lowered price of just $399.95 US.
The Redfly is now compatible with these phones:
- HTC Mogul
- AT&T Tilt
- Verizon XV6800
- Treo 700 w/wx
- Treo 750
- Samsung SCH-i760 (Verizon)
- Samsung Blackjack II
- Motorola Q9c
- Motorola Q9m
- Motorola Q9h
- T-Mobile Dash
- Sprint Touch
- HTC Touch (Original GSM)
- Treo 500
- Treo 800w
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
The new version 1.1 of Winterface includes numerous improvements. The major one is that we've changed the start gesture, now the application is started with the help of the upside down tick ^. This gesture is unlikely to interfere with other applications so that Winterface couldn't pop out each time you slide the screen. Drawing the gesture "tick" or letter "v" on your screen can close any application you are working in.
Other improvements are concerned with tasks and calendar. For most of users their Pocket PCs are organizers and reminders. Therefore Winterface now have red indicators with numbers above Calendar and Tasks icons to show active tasks and upcoming events. When tapping Calendar you can see a semi-transparent window with all events. If you need to edit time or event you can go to the calendar if not you may return back to the screen. As for the tasks, pressing the icon you are put straight to the Tasks to look at them and to edit.
At one of the sites where we had great discussion with our users we were strongly convinced by the advanced WM users that they definitely need quick access to separate files. Therefore "Files" was added to the menu of the program that affords you to add any file to the screen. Moreover, we've made a possibility to switch off the lock screen.
Winterface now looks whiter as most of the standard icons were replaced by super stylish winter-like icons. You will be amazed by the cool looks of your Pocket PC screen.
Some of the bugs were fixed like: it is now impossible to delete Menu and Running icons of the program, some of the icons are not doubled any more (like Phone). The bug on HTC devices with battery icon was also fixed.
NOTE! If you need to backup your settings, you only should rename file pages.db (for example, pages_old.db) in the Winterface folder. Then you should uninstall the old version of Winterface, rename it back from pages_old.db to pages.db after that install new version of the program. All other updates that are higher than version 1.1 won't need this operation as the program will do it itself.
Winterface is available for $19.95 at www.iWindowsMobile.com/vito-mobile-shell.html.
Friday, August 08, 2008
If you are trying to download and view Adobe PDF files from the Internet that were saved using the newer versions of Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Distiller, you may not be able to download/open them on the HTC S620. Please download this hot fix to be able to successfully download/open Adobe PDF files from the Internet.
Thursday, August 07, 2008
Click Menu > Options.
Click Address tab.
"In Contacts, get e-mail addresses from:" drop down list, select "All e-mail fields"
"Insaniquarium Deluxe is the craziest aquarium game ever - tend to your fish and keep them happy and they'll reward you with precious coins and jewels. Use the money you earn to buy upgrades for your tank or egg parts which hatch lots of different in-tank pets with special powers. These pets can help you feed your fish, collect coins, or even protect against the aliens that will invade your tank and wreak havoc. You can also use the money you earn to buy better weapons to see the aliens off quicker!"
Click here for more information.
Download a trial version here.
Wednesday, August 06, 2008
Getting started -
- Download the CAB file (see link above), copy it to your device and double-click to install. (Or download the CAB file directly to your device and double-click)
- Select one of the options available from the menu.
- To do most thiTo do most things other than view the public timeline, first log in. ("Log in menu" option, left Soft Key menu) - You only need to do this the first time: credentials are stored between sessions, and you can log in with a different account or switch accounts.
- Click on someone's screen name (or select Menu->Send message) to send them a message (check the "Direct message" option on the form to send a direct private message). link in Internet Explorer.
- Check the "Auto-refresh (on/off)" menu option to refresh info displayed at (roughly) one-minute intervals.
Developer's website: http://www.kevdaly.co.nz/Software/Twitter/Twitula.aspx