Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A Breaking News Breakthrough - By Todd Ogasawara

A tie may be optional in the Aloha State of Hawaii, but keeping up on current events isn’t. Fortunately, my Windows Mobile powered device and a handy utility from Ilium Software lets me zip through hundreds of sources of news and not miss a ray of sunshine. NewsBreak – available for smartphones and Pocket PCs – works with news and weather sites, blogs, and any other Web site that provides an RSS or Atom newsfeed.
I often find myself waiting for an elevator, standing in line at a bank or store, or waiting for a family member. Usually, I’m not waiting so long that I have enough time to respond to e-mail or read a long article. But these periods are long enough for a news break. With NewsBreak, I can scan new entries on dozens of Web sites while I’m waiting. It’s great to be able to get caught up on the latest news when I would otherwise be standing around bored.
Read more...

No comments: