Friday, January 05, 2007

The new year is here. So is my HTC S620.

I’m back after a short, but enjoyable, holiday during which I had no access to internet. Life is weird without access to the world but I was lucky to have my HTC S620, a.k.a Dash. Now I have both a Pocket PC (Eten M500 with WM5) and a Smartphone. I’m not going to write a review of my new acquisition since there are plenty out there already. One thing I’d like to say is that Windows Mobile Smartphone Edition is very limited in functionality. Future version of the OS will have a unique flavor. Microsoft will bring what is best from the Pocket PC world and blend it with what is best from the Smartphone world. Meaning we’ll have a “Super OS”.
HTC has done a great job with the S620. This is my first device with a QWERTY keyboard and it’s great for typing emails and sms. The lack of touchscreen technology is a pain, making me think that the Treos are actually a “perfect” Pocket PC/Smartphone combination. Since I don’t want to end my first post of the year with a negative appreciation, one thing that’s really good with the S620 is the back cover. I just can’t stop caressing it.

1 comment:

St3v3 said...

thats the one thing i miss not having a hardkeyboard and not being able to type very fast.