Monday, December 10, 2007

Tips: How to delete Windows Live?

Once Windows Live is configured on the device, it appears that it's not possible to delete it. One way I've found so far is to delete a registry entry. While this solves the problem, however, it makes it impossible to re-use Windows Live without a hard reset.
Today I found a much easier way to do that and one that does not require manipulating the registry. Windows Live can be reconfigured later without a hard reset.
To achieve that, open Windows Live in Start - Programs on the device. In the Menu, select Account Options and select Switch Accounts. This will remove all emails from your device. When done, the EULA page will appear. On that screen, make sure you select REJECT. Windows Live setup will stop and you will be taken back to WL main page - The page with Live Search and the Sign-in to Windows Live link. Check in Messaging and Windows Live mailbox is gone.

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks, very usefull

nichomach said...

Thanks, mate, top tip.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!! Thank you for a GREAT tip!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!!

Anonymous said...

genius, thanks man

Anonymous said...

legend!!

Anonymous said...

Excellent - wicked cool mate!

Anonymous said...

THANKS!!! It was driving me crazy!!!!

Anonymous said...

saved me tonns of time. Thanks! VG

Anonymous said...

Aaahhhh... It's gone...

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Cheers, stupid Microsoft, you think they would put something on the device to help this, but no you have to resort to doing this.

It wouldn't change my password correctly so wouldnt sync with my email, so I did this then re-added my email.

Works a treat now

Thanks again

clbraddock said...

THANKS SO MUCH!!! It was driving me mad

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this tip. I unwisely decided to synch more folders, thinking I'd the last 7 days in each as is the default in Exchange. It brough down everything, eating up my storage space. I was starting to think of how I'd figure out what files to delete since unchecking those folders and synching didn't delete them from memory. This saved me!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I let my brother set up his email on my device so he could look at his messages and only realized afterwards I couldn't figure out how to delete it... GOD BLESS U!!! =)

Unknown said...

Wonderful..thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!

Yeti said...

Rock and roll!!! Thanks so much for this easy way to get rid of the annoyance!

Anonymous said...

This post is 18months old and still the most useful anyone has ever written about Mobile 6.

thank you thank you thank you

Anonymous said...

Thank you (y)

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, but how do you completely remove Windows Live from a Windows Mobile 6 device? I don't need to remove an account, but the software in its entirety. I don't use it and it's just wasting space.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Really helpful, and fairly quick to execute.

Anonymous said...

Thanks man, worked out perfectly!

Anonymous said...

Works perfect!
Cheers

Serenity said...

thanks man you're a GENIUS!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice...Thank You Much

Anonymous said...

Love you man!

Anonymous said...

Awesome... it's 05/10... 2 and a half yrs later and just worked on WM 6.5. THANKS!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I tried everything & this is the only thing that worked. You're a genius!

Anonymous said...

You are a god, i was ready to murder this thing.