Monday, March 24, 2008

Tips: remove your email address from a Reply All email

There is this annoying feature in Outlook Mobile e-mail whereby when you select Reply All, it also includes your email address. Therefore, you end up with a copy of the email in your Inbox. There is a way to remove this feature.
Open Activesync on your Pocket PC. Click Menu - Options. Select Email and click Settings. Tap the Advanced button and enter your email address in the My e-mail address box. Click OK.
The steps for Smartphones or non touchscreen devices are the same except after selecting Email and pressing the Settings softkey, you need to click Menu - Advanced. After entering the email address, press Done.

1 comment:

Me said...

Hi, I recently got a Samsung Ace (SPH-i325) and I can get to the screen where I would need to enter my email address to exclude it from the CC field when I hit reply-all, but it's grey-ed out and I can't enter anything. I can only select the two checkboxes for encryption and signing emails. Anybody have any insight into why or how I can get around this?