Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Nokia releases app for Windows Phone users to "petition" Instagram.

I can't figure why everyone is craving so much for Instagram on Windows Phone. I personally do not use it on Android and nor do I know anyone around me who does. And most of these people have Android phones, for now. I definitely use my phone to snap pictures on the go and I do not apply filters to them. But for sharing, I use Facebook and Twitter. No need to have another social network. That's why I question the very existence of Instagram. With that we're soon going to have a social network for about everything.

But again, it seems nowadays that a phone without Instagram is not a phone. Nokia is serious about that to the point of creating an app to help Windows Phone users to communicate with Instagram team to petition them to make an app for their Windows Phones. "The app allows Windows Phone users to have their voice heard so that instead of letters, chocolates, mix tapes or petitions (although very effective in some cases), the community can speak directly to Instagram and the Instagram community in a way they can respect…through the use of beautiful photography." 

The app lets you take pictures and apply a "classic polaroid filter" and share it to your favorite social network with the hashtag #2InstaWithLove. The hashtag is also the name of the free app. If you want to join the Instagram-on-Windows phone campaign, download a free copy of the app from the Windows Phone Store.

Source: Conversations by Nokia

No comments: