Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Playcast, an awesome media player for casting videos, songs, & pictures updated with Google Cast bug fix and more.


I first blogged about Playcast back in January of this year shortly after I purchased the app so I can cast my movies to my TV through my Chromecast, which has been renamed to Google cast recently. I believe Playcast is the only app in the store to do that. After the app was released, I ran into issues where I could not play some movies from my library and fortunately, Webrox, the developer, quickly issued a fix and I can now enjoy my movies serenely. 

Playcast has been developed to allow users to cast movies, songs and pictures not only to Google Cast, but also to Google Cast Audio, Apple TV (AirPlay), DLNA Smart TV, Miracast, Internet Box, Xbox One, Xbox 360 etc. Playcast cost $3.99 and offers a week trial before you make the decision to buy it and I can tell it is a well worth purchase. Plus the app is regularly updated with new features and fixes.

Today's update does not include any new features, but the developer added the following fixes:

  • Chromecast (Google Cast) bug fixes (was due to the new firmware)
  • Crash fix (bug in UWP: Crash while going to full screen sometimes)
  • DLNA server better handled (MonkeyServer)
  • Few minor bug fixes in UI.
Go check out Playcast in the store. Playcast is a Universal Windows App. Buy it once and use on your Windows Phone and Windows PC.

No comments: