Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Virtual Blackberry Solution for Windows Mobile announced

Who said that Windows Mobile is not popular? I remember the Wow when Palm introduced the first Treo running Windows Mobile a year ago. Now it's Blackberry's turn to jump on the bandwagon by offering a virtual solution that will allow Windows Mobile 6 powered devices "to benefit from the popular Blackberry software applications and services." Who will benefit most from this? It's quite obvious that RIM has more to gain than Microsoft or device manufacturers. Blackberry's form factor has not evolved much over the years, while there is a wide variety of Windows Mobile powered QWERTY phones on the market and RIM's market share is shrinking due to the versatility of these devices. The positive aspect of it all is that users will get to choose. RIM, Welcome to Windows world. Read RIM's press release.

5 comments:

IAMVALEY said...

Do you know what site I can go to download the Virtual BlackBerry Solution ?

Linley Meslier said...

What device do you have? I've tried to search this and I only came across one for the HTC S620/Dash:

http://sems.org/content/download/bbc4/bbconnect_wm6_standard_bb_4.0.0.84.zip

Linley Meslier said...

What device do you have? I've tried to search this and I only came across one for the HTC S620/Dash:

http://sems.org/content/download/bbc4/bbconnect_wm6_standard_bb_4.0.0.84.zip

IAMVALEY said...

Thanks a lot for finding this for me, and the funny thing is that I'm currently using the HTC S620/Dash.
Thanks Again, I hope its works as if I had a Blackberry device.

Linley Meslier said...

What a coincidence ;)