Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Q&A: IE Mobile cannot access intranet site

Q: I want to access my intranet website using dial up networking with
SmartPhone/ PDA / Pocket PC.

I've tried with O2 mini (windows mobile 2003), the dial up was successful but I
cannot access my intranet website using Internet Explorer Mobile. How can I fix that?

A: This is probably happening because Mobile IE is searching for the intranet
site on the internet rather than your intranet. To connect to intranet
URLs, you need to enter them as Work URL Exceptions. To do this, go to
Start - Settings - Connections - Advanced tab - Click Exceptions button.

Tap Add new URL... And
create a new URL Exception by typing the link to your intranet site.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys thanks for the info above,
im strating of with trying to find how how to access intranet (not internet) from a PPC running WM5 or WM6

Do i need to have a VPN connection setup first? what steps need to be taken to get intranet working on WM5 devices from the start?

Thanks

Nass

Linley Meslier said...

Hi,

Thank you for your comments. I recommend you read this article to learn more about VPNs:

www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/connectionmanager.htm