Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tips: Opera 8.65 closes by itself

I experienced my first serious issue with Opera 8.65 over the weekend. I use my device and Opera mostly to post to Microsoft Windows Mobile Owners Circle Forums where I'm a moderator. However, Opera decided that it would remain open for a few seconds and close without any warnings. I went through the basic troubleshooting steps to no avail. It was time to contact Opera support desk.
I sent them an email and almost immediately got a reply with a ticket number. Shortly afterwards, got another email from a support representative with the following:

"Please check if the cache is responsible for this behaviour. Simply remove all
files inside the cache4 folder found in application data/opera/cache4."

I did just that and Opera was running again flawlessly. Thank you Opera supportdesk for sorting this out.

No comments: