Friday, June 27, 2008

Opera Mobile 9.5 first beta to be released on July 15

I've been a longtime user of Opera Mobile and it is my number one browser on my device. Presently, version 8.65 can be downloaded/purchased from www.opera,com/products/mobile/products/. Version 9.5 promises to be even better and I've been eagerly looking for a release date. Finally I've got one, the 15th of July. Note that Opera Mobile 9.5 is already running on devices like the HTC Diamond Touch and Advantage.
You can read the announcement titled "The wait is (almost) over" at http://my.opera.com/operamobile/blog/2008/06/26/the-wait-is-almost-over


Posted using my Windows Mobile phone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've gotta say, the new opera browser is great! (It's got a very similar interface to the opera version that's on the wii) -- there's some videos of opera on the Diamond over at http://www.jrin.net/2008_06_25/htc-touch-diamond-actual-usage-review if anyone's interested

Linley Meslier said...

Thank you for posting that James. There is one thing that I don't understand though. Opera Mobile 9.5 is already running on the Diamond, the Advantage and a Samsung device. So I don't understand why they announced a BETA version for mid-July.