Thursday, December 11, 2008

Windows Mobile: What Microsoft Needs to Fix

I was reading this article in the link below on BusinessWeek and I thought I'd share it with you readers and especially to Microsoft. According to research firms, Windows Mobile has dropped to the 4th place on the mobile market. To be honest, that does not surprise me because I still have to use a stylus to move around in Windows Mobile. Thinking that Apple and Google just join the mobile bandwagon,  I'm stumped. I write this bearing in mind that Microsoft released Surface this year. They could have developed a similar technology for Windows Mobile instead. Based on news on the web, they plan to have a better technology than the iPhone with Windows Mobile 7. The problem is that WM7 will be released in 2010. Meaning that Windows Mobile will remain at its 4th position until then. I write this knowing that Windows Mobile was initially designed for the enterprise. For those of you who do not agree with me, well think about it. The only Mobile OS that lets you scan barcodes, connect to a database or web interface to publish data, use online forms is Windows Mobile and Windows CE. Android, Blackberry and iPhone do not support these features. In other words, Microsoft has the monopoly in enterprise mobility. Proof is that they licensed Exchange Activesync protocols to the fruit company and it won't be long before we see the G com joining the bandwagon. So I'm going to ask BusinessWeek and other major Tech news Corp to stop bashing Microsoft Windows Mobile. Do your homework.

Microsoft - Hurry up with the next release of Windows Mobile. I'm just tired of reading such articles on the web. 

No comments: