Saturday, September 26, 2009

Tips: Setup Gmail DirectPush

To set up Google Sync on your Windows Mobile device, please follow the steps below.
Important Note: Make sure that you have backed up any Contacts and Calendars from your phone to your computer before proceeding.

Getting Started
1. Open the Active Sync application on your device's home screen.
2. Click the link Set up your device to sync with it.
3. Enter m.google.com as the server address.
4. Ensure that the SSL option is checked.
Sign In to Google Account

5. Click Next.
6. Enter your full Google Account email address as the User name.
7. Enter your Google Account password as the Password.
8. Leave the Domain field empty. If your device requires you to enter a domain name, enter google.
9. Click Next.
10. CheckContacts, Calendar, or Email, depending on which you'd like to sync.
11. Click Finish.

12. Press the Sync softkey on the left to synchronize.

You've now set up Google Sync for your Windows Mobile device.

Source: http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?answer=138636&topic=14299

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Fail, all you did was copy what was on the google page.

Gryffyn said...

If you get errors syncing, try turning off some of the sync services. When they first announced the 'push' addition, I jumped right on.. but couldn't get it to work. Finally I turned off Calendar and Tasks and it worked (I didn't try Contacts yet).

Just re-enabled Calendar and it seems to work ok.

Tasks still seems broken (maybe I haven't signed into Tasks on Google or something). I get the following error:

Result:
The server could not be reached. This can be caused by temporary network conditions:

Support code: 0x85010005


That's actually a different error than I got before. The result and fix are the same, though. If you get a weird error and it's blocking your other items from sync'ing, try turning off some of the services.. in my case, Tasks seems to be causing some serious problems.

Anonymous said...

Google Sync does not include tasks.

Linley Meslier said...

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your comments. Yes I did copy the instructions from Google as i did not feel a need to rewrite the instructions since it worked for me. Now, I did set it up for email only.

Linley.

Unknown said...

Hi, Alex suncing my google account worked fine for me untill last week. Wanting to sync my task as well, didn' seem to be such a good idea. I unchecked sync task and now it workes fine agaain. Thanks a lot