Thursday, January 24, 2013

glƏƏk!, Fhotoroom & Unit Converter for Windows Phone updated. glƏƏk! gets voice control.

glƏƏk!glƏƏk!

glƏƏk! is my favorite Twitter client for Windows Phone. Unlike other just-another-Twitter client, glƏƏk! Brings you random tweets from users around the world. So expect the unexpected. In this update for Windows Phone 8, Liquid Daffodil introduces a voice engine that lets you talk to the app. So you can tell it to compose, reply and quote. In addition, the app takes advantage of the lock screen feature of Windows Phone 8. glƏƏk! offers quality wallpapers that can be used as your Lockscreen. A trial version of the app is available for download. But I can only recommend you shell out the $1.99 to buy the app.

 

Fhotoroom

I do not use Instagram even if I have it installed on my Galaxy Nexus. I wonder how many like me downloaded the app and actually never used it. As an alternative, there's Fhotoroom, an app that received the "Community App awards Best Photo App of 2012". It has a network of its own so you can share your work with a growing community of photo lovers. Photos can also be shared to Facebook, Twitter, Skydrive, Flickr or Tumblr with a click. The update brings Fhotoroom to version 2.5 and change log lists the following changes:

  • Major backed update to use new server API.
  • Faster uploading.
  • Better international support.
  • Tweaked Swiping support.
  • Standard bug fixes.

Fhotoroom is free in the Windows Phone Store.


Unit Converter

Despite my HTC 8X having a built in converter, I have a preference for Unit Converter by ViferSoft. It is simple and just works. Select a unit category, tap the from or to button and chose the unit you want to convert. Unit Converter is free and is one of the best converter apps I've used. The updated version -version 1.2- adds more currency. Comma as decimal separator is now supported in countries that use it.

 

No comments: