Thursday, April 03, 2014

Facebook Messenger let you saves photos while using less data.

Facebook Messenger for Windows Phone just got better today with an update that adds a much requested feature by users: The ability to save photos shared within conversations. Frankly, I did not even know this feature was missing in Facebook Messenger. I mostly share pictures via my OneDrive. With this update, Facebook also tweaked the notification to make it more reliable. I don't yet know how reliable it is, but it was re-designed so users do not miss any messages. Only time will tell how good it is. 

It is interesting to note that the change log mentions that the "app uses less data". Not sure about that one either. But in my case, it would be better for such an app to user less power.

Facebook Messenger is free to download on the Windows Phone Store.

No comments: