Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Tips: My Pocket PC keeps switching on by itself at 04:00am

For some reason, my Eten M500 would switch on by itself at 04:00 in the morning, waking me up and worst of all, my wife. I'll leave it to your imagination to tell you about her last-month-long reaction. Under pressure, it was hard to solve the problem and of course a soft reset did not help. Until...
One night while browsing File Explorer, I noticed that my SD card was filling up with backup files. My Eten initially came loaded with Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition and persistent storage was not available at that time. Eten did a great job keeping the backup utility in their Windows Mobile 5 upgrade, but with Persistent Storage I completely forgot about the backup utility which was running in the background at 04:00am in the morning. This is how I solved the problem. Just by changing the time to backup. My wife is happy now.

Posted on the go using my superb HTC S620

No comments: