Friday, August 10, 2007

Tips: Activesync and Vista

I answered a post today on Windows Mobile Owners Circle Forum from a member who wanted to know how tweak Vista to support Activesync. After posting a reply there, I decided to post something about this here. Let it be known that Vista does not support Activesync because it comes loaded with Windows Mobile Device Center 6.0. There is no way to make Activesync work with Vista. I also recommend that you download the latest version of WMDC, which is version 6.1 on Microsoft's website.
If you're still having issues with WMDC 6.1, drop me an email and we'll sort it out together or post it on Windows Mobile Owners Circle Forum.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not entirly true. I have been playing with upgrading a couple of Pocket PC's to windows mobile 6. And even thou I have forgotten where it is, if you look around you can find a method that, for upgrading a dopod 838, you install custom drivers and disable the WMDC and then install activesync 4.5 and it all works fine.

Absotly no need to do it unless you can only upgrade the ROM using Activesync, but defintly possible.

Linley Meslier said...

I'm not sure i understand. All devices, including WM6 devices, comes loaded with Activesync. however, they will not connect to Vista only if the PC is running WMDC. Which is the case by default.

Anonymous said...

I don't think this is acceptable with WMDC to not be able to sync outlook with WM5 or any for that matter.

I for one would be interested in the hack to be able to install active sync and get my outlook contacts and calandar to work with my WM5 device again. It's my main use to keep track of my day