Friday, August 03, 2007

Tips: Activesync Support Code 0x85010014

If you ever come across this support code while synchronizing your device, the problem is most likely with Outlook.
I usually recommend performing a Detect & Repair in Outlook first. This feature is hidden under the Help menu. If that does not fix it, only then I recommend to completely uninstall and reinstall Outlook. Of course, make sure that you have a backup of your data. In the next tip, I'll post about what, according to me, is the best and easiest way to perform a backup of the .Pst file; This is the file that holds all data related to your Email, Calendar, Contacts etc.


Posted on the go using my superb HTC S620 Smartphone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

This is the most occurring issue with any smartphone that uses Activesync, i think.

I just bought a HTC 8525 and have this issue consistently.

I have tried re-installing my outlook 2000 and no luck.

Is there a solution or did i just lose about $400 on this phone.

Please help.

Thanks

Linley Meslier said...

In your case I recommend you upgrade Outlook.