Saturday, August 29, 2009

About Windows Mobile licensing.

A few years back I purchased what I think is the best Smartphone ever, the HTC S620. With it came a companion CD that contained sync software, some third party apps, a user manual and a ROM image. The ROM image was particularly useful when I messed up with the device. Now it appears that HTC does not ship the image anymore and I find this to be unacceptable.

During the week, I messed up with my HTC Advantage x7510 and I contacted HTC to provide me a ROM image since they do not bundle it on the companion CD anymore. Unfortunately, the support desk was unable to help. They came up with all sort of baseless reasons to not give a ROM image which I think is mine. I always thought that by purchasing a Windows Mobile phone, that the price included the OS licensing. Therefore, they should include the image on the CD. Apparently, I’m wrong. HTC has made it clear that they will not give the ROM image. Isn't that scandalous?

What are your thoughts?

No comments: