Friday, August 14, 2009

What a week

Indeed, what a week. On one side, Microsoft and Nokia partnering to take over mobility in the enterprise; on another Mr J. gold announcing the end of Windows Mobile. No to mention that most specialized sites see the Microsoft/Nokia partnership as the last move of the giants to combat the smaller Blackberrys and Apples or Androids. Notice here that I did not name Google since Android is an open source mobile operating system.

As I write this, Windows Mobile is still in the game; same for Nokia. The iPhone has exploded in the face of two kids in France and UK; HTC has announced that they sold a million Android device; Dell is to launch an Android-based device in China (go figure why in China only). What else? Oh yes, the Zune HD will reach the market in September. I have nothing much to say here. No new cool apps to announce, no new phones or OS; Microsoft still silent about Windows Mobile in Mauritius despite the fact that HTC, Samsung and Palm have a presence on the island. As an announcement, I’ll just say that no iPhone has exploded in Mauritius and another friend of mine has purchased a fruit phone. Yes there are a few Apple store in Mauritius.

If you are planning vacation in Mauritius and hoping to buy some Microsoft stuff, then you are out of luck. Even the Zune is not available here. Hopefully that will change with the Zune HD. I will ask my Microsoft friends about Zune HD availability. So stay tune. But…

For those of you following this blog, you know that I’ve been testing Windows 7 and that I’m now using the RTM version. Before you ask, I’m not aware yet of what Microsoft Indian Ocean Islands plans to do on the 22nd of October. I can only guess that there will be an impressive launch. Just like Vista...

To whom it may concern: Windows Mobile is, after all, an enterprise-based mobile OS.

Good Week end to all.

No comments: