Sunday, August 09, 2009

Windows 7 RTM is up and running.

I’ve just finished installing Windows 7 RTM on my desktop. It took me about 20 minutes to get it up and running and the first thing I did was to connect my HTC S620- after installing Office 2007 of course. Windows 7 immediately recognized my device, installed the drivers for it and also installed Windows Mobile Device Center(WMDC). So yes, WMDC is built into the OS.

Synchronization was fast and flawless. Not that I’d anticipated trouble, but I thought it was worth mentioning. I did not notice any change with WMDC itself. Looks pretty much the same.

Ok, I must admit I expected to see some kind of errors pop up. That is why I connected my Prophet to sync immediately after the S620. Here again, no errors. I did get some errors when testing Windows 7 RC though, but nothing dramatic.

Overall the system is stable and fast. Ciao Vista.

No comments: