Monday, November 19, 2012

Evernote and Twabbit for Windows Phone updated.

Evernote
Among all note-taking apps, Evernote remains my favorite. I use it on all my devices because, one, it is free and, second and most importantly, my notes sync to the cloud and are therefore available on all my devices with little to no effort. Even if cloud synching is a feature that is now native into about any apps these days, Evernote is probably a precursor. Sure Windows Phone has OneNote, which I like. I can get it for free on Google Play for my Android. Unfortunately, while there is a version for iOS, it is not available for my region. But I like Evernote for its simplicity no matter which platform you're using it on.
What's new in this release of Evernote:

- New tile layout design for note list
- Redesigned login and registration screens
- New popup tips help users discover the app
- More spacious note editing mode
- Numerous performance improvements including faster startup
- Evernote turns your phone into an extension of your brain.

Check the MarketPlace tile for the notification update. If you are not using Evernote yet and need a nice note-tasking free app, download Evernote for your Windows Phone.

Twabbit
Twabbit is one of the several Twitter clients that I use on my Windows Phone. Is it my preferred one? No, but it's second after glƏƏk!. Nothing much to write about here. The app is not free and costs $1.49. A trial is available. I managed to get it free when the developer decided to make it so for a limited time. Readers of this blog must have got it too at no cost.
What's new in version 1.2.9.92:
1. Bug fixes
2. Changes for twitter API 1.1
3. Retweets info not automatically loaded in tweet details
Twabbit should already be showing up as an update on your Windows Phone. Otherwise, it can be downloaded on the Windows Phone Store

No comments: