Thursday, February 19, 2009

Google Mobile app for Windows Mobile released.

Google Mobile app is comprised of the Search engine(of course) and access to all of Google's apps like Gmail, Maps, Calendar, News etc. The application can be downloaded free of charge from http://m.google.com/search. Since this link points to a cab file, I suggest you download it directly to your device.

After installation, Google Mobile app adds itself to the Today screen for easy access. Start typing in the Search text box and the bar begins floating to the top of the screen.

If you are using a WM6.1 Standard device, you will need to switch from Sliding panel to a regular home screen to see Google Mobile app.

Sent from my Windows Mobile® phone.

2 comments:

wwejason said...

All of the icons are nothing but links to the mobile sites. I don't need a today plugin hogging up any resources at all just displaying shortcuts to websites and a search box that, guess what, just opens the web browser and also goes to the mobile site.
I got excited earlier today when I heard about the app being released. It only took a few seconds for that to wane after the install had completed.

Linley Meslier said...

I agree. But I like the fact of having the search box handy instead of having to open the browser and type a search engine address...