Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Palm Pre has a cool inductive charging dock

The Pre is not out yet and it already has a couple of cool accessories being presented by Palm. The Touchstone inductive charging dock is one among them and probably the coolest way to recharge a device. Just drop it on the charger and a magnet positions it properly. Touchstone utilises the same technic of an electric toothbrush.

As Palm puts it on their blog, Touchstone is "Wireless. Elegant. Easy" (Wee)

Read more: http://blog.palm.com/palm/2009/02/adam-kaufman-product-manager-aka-accessory-guy-but-please-dont-call-me-that.html

http://www.palm.com/us/products/accessories/dock.html

Sent from my Windows Mobile® phone.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, do you know where I can get the Palm Treo Pro or even the Palm Pre in Mauritius please??

Linley Meslier said...

Hi,

Unfortunately, Palm has no reseller in Mauritius.

Unknown said...

Thnx for your reply.

Too bad there are no Palm resellers in Mauritius...

Do you think, if I want to buy the Palm Treo Pro, I can trust Ebay or The official Palm website?

Or do you know another way I can buy the Treo Pro?

Linley Meslier said...

The Official Palm website yes, but i cannot vouch for the quality of the device from eBay.

Now, what will you do when/if the device fails. It's going to cost you a lot to return it for repair. Why not purchase a HTC or Samsung device as both are represented locally?
Just my thoughts...

Unknown said...

I "fall in love" with the Palm Pro...the design, the size, the capabilities and so on. But in fact there's a lot of constraits. Better buy one locally.

I am looking for a mobile with qwerty keyboard (not slide like the HTC touch pro or other models). I found the HTC Snap in local stores (16600+vat) which is quite interesting in terms of functions and performance.

If I am not asking too much, can you advise me which PDA I can choose?

It should have at least Windows Mobile (symbian os can also be good), qwerty keyboard (no flip), small in size. No matter the num of pixels for the camera. If it is touchscreen, ok, but not necessary.

Thanks a lot
stephan jeanmore
s.jeanmore@gmail.com

BTW, you have a very interesting blog.