Thursday, September 13, 2007

WM6 post-upgrade issues #1 is resolved.

Yesterday morning, my device performed 6 reboots and could not load Windows Mobile when I powered it up. I had to remove the battery 3 times for it to load Windows. Anticipating the worst, I performed a backup and decided to re-flash the ROM. First I went back to Windows Mobile 5 and the device worked great. Just to be on the safe side, I downloaded the WM6 ROM image from HTC's site again and went on with the upgrade. Same as on the first time, I had a quick and smooth installation. The phone rebooted without any issues. I restored my backup, reinstalled all my applications and switched the phone off for a while and powered it up again. No more reboots and battery pullouts since yesterday and I've even got a bit more memory to use. The multiple reboots issue is resolved.

Check out Issue #1: http://pocketpcmauritius.blogspot.com/2007/09/wm6-post-upgrade-issues-1.html

No comments: